Friday, July 4, 2014

Island of the Gods - Bali, Indonesia

Tagged as "Island of the Gods", Bali, Indonesia is one of the most sought after tourist destination in the world.

I had a chance to travel with amazing people for two days. It is a short visit but it is a fun-filled and well deserved trip.

Bali, Indonesia is a four hour plane ride from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, Philippines. You'll arrived in Ngurah Rai International Airport, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. When you arrived from the airport, culture of the country will welcome you. Statues of their gods are positioned along the airport's arrival area. Their airport is a reflection of a Balinese architecture.

Garuda, A statue in Ngurah Rai International Airport

Garuda, A statue in Ngurah Rai International Airport



I arrived in Bali, around 1:30am and passed through a long queue of people in their immigration. I was also fetch by my very close friend at the airport and headed over to Hard Rock Hotel Bali for some rest.

Starz Diner Hard Rock Hotel Breakfast
Starz Diner Hard Rock Hotel Breakfast

As we woke up, I had my breakfast and headed off to explore the island. We headed first to Pandawa Beach. My friend said Pandawa Beach is a newly sprouted beach in Bali. I could tell its new because it is not so developed. There are few buildings and establishments can be found. The beach was nice. The sand were composed of very small fine pebbles. It didn't hurt your feet as you submerge. I found it very unique.



Pandawa Beach
Pandawa Beach



I had a taste of Balinese food at Bekek Bengil at Nusa Dua, Bali.  The food was awesome! I could still remember the food on my taste pallet. The traditional Balinese spices triggers my cravings for these kind of food.

IMG-20140621-02588
Nasi Campurs and Dirty Duck at Bekek Bengil

We continue to explore the day in Nusa Dua. We explore The Bay Bali at Nusa Dua. It's an elegant mix of resort and commercial establishments. You can sunbath and dipped unto their clear blue beach waters. Feel the fine white sand. And enjoy the resort's restaurants and amenities.

The Bay Bali, Nusa Dua
The Bay Bali, Nusa Dua



These is so much for the beaches in Bali. But we never stop there because Hard Rock Hotel Bali is also nearby Kuta Beach. We'd explored the waves of the beach of Kuta and watched the sunset kiss the beach. And the waves were so massive! You'll know why this is called surfing haven.

Seminyak's Sunset
Seminyak's Sunset

We also visited a northern Kuta beachfront -- Seminyak, where the party and night life is massive. I could say that Seminyak is a foreigner's destination for night life in Bali. The streets and hotels were filled with westerners walking around.

The next day, we went to Ubud's Ayung River for some wild water rafting experience. Ayung River's rafting experience was simply awesome! Along the river, you can find carvings on rocks and monkeys on trees. You'll experience rafting like no other.

Kuta Beach
Kuta Beach

Shopping in Bali is very easy while there are a lot of shops that you could choose from. We personally went to Kuta Square to find some souvenirs.



I must say that I need to return to Bali. I would love to return and come back and explore more of its culture, tradition and FOOD! I hope the next time I went there I could explore Ubud's temples and look be with the Monkeys. Until next time Bali! Sampai Ketemu Lagi!

No comments:

Post a Comment