Tuesday, September 9, 2014

First Time in Glan, Saranggani


Glan's beaches intrigued me. This secluded beach became a summer party hot spot in Mindanao. 

The beach of Glan
My friends always invite me to Sarangani BayFest every May. I ended up missing it.

Glan is a municipality in the province of Sarangani. To access this municipality, the nearest airport is General Santos International Airport. From General Santos City, you need to go KCC Mall. It is an hour van-ride going to Glan, Sarangani.   





Transport Terminal of Glan
Glan is composed of 31 barangays, but the most visited place is Barangay Gumasa. Here you can find the white sand beaches of the town. To visit Gumasa from the van's drop-off terminal, you can hire a 15-minute ride motorcycle or tricycle. 

White Haven Beach Resort Signage
Beach resorts are sprouting along Gumasa's shoreline. I honestly say these resorts are way too expensive. Before you see the beaches, you need to pay at least 50php entrance fee and a different fee for a cottage.

I was lucky on my visit because I'm with some friends, so we split the expenses evenly.  When you are already in the resort, you can already cross the shoreline boundaries from resort to resort.

People swimming at the beach
I found out that the water nearby is kinda brown due to weather conditions. My friends told me, in their recent SarBay experience, that the water is somehow greenish-blue.


The Fine Sand
The fine white sand got my attention. This cream white shore reflects the unspoiled nature of the beach. It is also a haven for sand castle builders.

The gentle waves of the water crash upon these sand. The waves are perfect for skim boarding.

Some coconut husk on the shore

There are still a lot of areas of improvement to Gumasa's Beach Strip. Some parts of the beach strip are homed by a lot of coconut husk that was swayed over the shore.


The overall aspect of Glan's beach strips are one of a kind. They still have the cream white sand that what other people told me. A fine place for relaxation.

I might go to next year's SarBay Fest to find more about the best of Glan.


No comments:

Post a Comment