Thursday, September 29, 2016

Exploring Mythical Siquijor

Have you ever fascinated about something mystical?

They say that Siquijor Island is a mystical islands in the Philippines. But having its title as mystical, it makes the island so attractive to tourist and explorers like me. 

I went to Siquijor Island for a day-trip with some of my friends. 

The nearest airport from Siquijor is Dumaguete Domestic Airport. an approximately 1.5 hours away from Manila. From the airport, ride a tricycle to port of Dumaguete and get a ticket for an hour ride to the Mystical Island of Siquijor.

I love white sand beaches! That is why from the moment I step upon the island I was mesmerize by the white sand beach that greets you at the port.

The Beach welcomes you to Siquijor


The island has a lot to offer from waterfalls, beaches, old architecture and adventure!




Since we are on a day-trip, we hailed a tricycle bound to different destinations in Siquijor. It costs a 1000php for a day tour of five destinations. Since we have limited time on the island, we went to four destinations.

Old Balete Tree
Our first stop is the Century Old Balete Tree that can be found in Lazi, Siquijor. This famous tourist spot has a fish spa pond that you can dip your tired feet from walking. These fishes tickles your feet as they eat your calluses.
An old church in Lazi.

One of the destination for this trip is the old church in Lazi. It's majestic structure was strengthen for decades.


What amaze me the most in this trip is Cabughayan Falls. This body of water creates an impression that this island is very mythical because of it's naturally blue color. An inviting color for you to take a plunge.

A day in this island is not enough for an explorer like me. The island of Siquijor invites me to come back to explore its' wonders.

PS:

If you want to experience Siquijor, you might like to stay more than a day in this mystical island.
You may check this link to find great hotels and deals in Siquijor: http://www.travelbook.ph/philippines/siquijor/?affid=0705

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Joe,

    My name is Kim of Jacaranda Travels I saw your blog while looking top travel bloggers.

    I was browsing around your blog and I can't resist not to comment on this particular post. I enjoyed your visit in Siquijor.

    Anyway, I was hoping if you are interested for an interview that we will post on our business travel blog at www.jacarandatravels.com
    Thank you, hoping for your positive reply.


    Kimberly-Tourist spots in the Philippines
    jacaranda travels
    jacarandatravels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete