Tuesday, July 10, 2012

[Food Trip] The Bagnetian Kitchen

I'm craving for Bagnet (Ilocos' version of Lechon Kawali) in the past few days. In search of the Bagnet, I found out that there's a new restaurant in Davao City that serving Bagnet.

Located in the newly constructed The Brick Square Lane, Palma Gil St., Davao City,  you can taste their great tasting Bagnet.

The Bagnetian Kitchen is a small restaurant that is in the corner of the Brick Square Lane compound which is very visible from the road.

They serve different versions of Bagnet such as Bagnet Dinuguaan, Bagnet Express and a lot more.

How's the food?

[caption id="attachment_36" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bagnet Classic[/caption]

I've ordered Bagnet Classic. They paired their bagnet with ginamos ( salted fermented fish) which is a perfect pair for this kind of dish. The Bagnet is perfectly deep fried and served presentable. I could say that they get the best crunch of pork skin just the way I want. In fact, I've ordered 2 cups of rice to satisfy my appetite (hehe).

[caption id="attachment_35" align="aligncenter" width="300"] DND Love Affair Dessert (Fried Oreo Cookies topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup) - unfortunately they served our desert with a melted Ice cream.[/caption]

One of my friend ordered a desert called DND Love Affair. It's a composition Fried Oreo Cookies topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup. I don't know why they served this with a melted ice cream actually it's a big minus for them.

Prices for the main course ranges from 140 - 160 php. It you don't want it one plate at a time you also order a platter of Bagnet consist of 3 different versions of Bagnet for 450 php.

Overall Verdict?

If you want Bagnet in Davao you must try this restaurant. I would like to return and try their Bagnet Express. The only no no for them it that they didn't served their Bagnet as freshly hot -- probably we visited them 11pm and they served us melted ice cream for our desert -- which my friend should have the option to return it in the first place. Taste wise from their menu is approved but service? I think I should give them a chance next time probably they will serve their dishes as satisfying as possible.

I rate them 4/5 overall rating.

1 comment:

  1. I would really to try this out as well..maybe bring along a date and dine in here one of these days..thanks for the post it is quite helpful, will gladly recommend your site to others!

    ReplyDelete