Wednesday, April 24, 2013

[Food Trip] Confessions of a Coffee Shop Tambay

I'm really not a caffeine addict, it is a trait. This hobby of mine as being a tambay of coffee shop is a family acquired trait. When I was young, my dad brings me to a coffee shop and let me listen to the old folk's conversation while I'm sipping my iced cream-based drinks. It was so ten, twelve or fifteen years as a trait of my dad. Coffee shops before here in Davao can still be counted on fingers. Over the years, more and more coffee shops sprouted in Davao. From local to national to international brands, this is evident that a lot of people here in Davao loves have conversation over coffee as the city's growing population. Even now, me and my dad still hang-out in coffee shop to have conversation or to meet up his friends. I also adopt this trait of my dad and making coffee shops here in Davao as my official tambayan. The fact that you can have unlimited internet access, peaceful ambiance and can sip your favorite drink are some of the coffee shop can offer you when you visit them.


I would love to enumerate some of the sprouting coffee shops here in Davao as of the year 2012. Some of which are local and international brands that I usually go to.


1. Starbucks


Davao City-20121109-00538


This famous international brand is one big hot spot for coffee shop goers here in Davao. Aside the serve great tasting coffee, they have friendly and smiling baristas that are willing to serve your coffee with pleasure. I really don't know why people is a mob in this place, probably, it's the brand and interior design makes this place attractive. Starbucks here in Davao has three branches, one at Abreeza Ayala Mall, another one is at SM City Davao | Annex and inside SM Lanang Premier.


 2. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf


Davao City-20120701-00025


The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) is my favorite on the list. They serves great tasting ice-blended coffees and wide selections of teas. I like the way how they put up their shop because it is strategically located in a part of a mall which is accessible to a lot of customers and beautifully decorated interiors and exteriors make it more attractive. We all know that coffee shops here provides internet access, CBTL provides high speed internet access faster than any other coffee shop here in Davao. The best thing about CBTL is their friendly barista and staffs which you can trust and even have fun to mingle with. CBTL Davao has also three branches here, SM Lanang Premier, Gaisano Mall of Davao - The Peak and Abreeza Ayala Mall.


3. Green Coffee


IMG-20130313-01237


Home grown coffee shop or not, they got a taste for sweet tooth! Green Coffee famous is for it's Fine Salt and Cheese drinks and great tasting flavors of Freeziccinos. What I love about Green Coffee is the the Green Coffee itself! Location wise, there branches at F.Torres St., Davao City and T. Morato, Quezon City are very accessible. You drive, walk, order for talk out and good to go. The F.Torres branch has a cool ambiance for the store is surrounded by bamboos. Making it more relaxing to study, chill, chat and relax as you sip to their favorite drinks. In Davao, as for now they do have two branches open, one is at SM Lanang Premier - Cinema Strip and F. Torres St. Coming soon also at SM City Davao | The Annex. For Metro Manila residence their one and only branch is at T. Morato, Quezon City.


These are just three of my favorite coffee shop that I enjoy here in Davao. I go there with my laptop.I usually do my online jobs there as well. A great passion for being a tambay of a coffee shop. It seems that I do have the same lifestyle that I had when I was still a child. It brings back good old memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment